Use the Space only on the Event Date, during the hours specified below, and only for the purposes set forth in this agreement.
1. Owners shall not be responsible for supplying any of the following for the Event: food, beverages, dishes or eating utensils, napkins, cups. The Event Space shall be provided as-is and Owners make no warranty to Renter regarding the suitability of the Space for Renter’s intended use. Renter shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as when Renter entered. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Space beyond ordinary wear and tear, and shall be required to arrange for the repair of any such damage. In the event that Renter does not satisfactorily arrange for such repair, Owners shall be entitled to arrange for any necessary repairs at Renter’s expense. Renter shall reimburse Owners for any such repairs
2. Time. The time rented includes time to load in, set up load out, and clean up. Turn lights off, heat set to 55 degrees, lock doors, and return keys to the lockbox. Text at the time of check in and check out. Access instructions will be provided for self-check-in including private security code to the lockbox. Renter agrees not to share code or keys with attendees, other parties including caterers, entertainers, or others. Renters will leave the space as found with any garbage removed prior to check-out time. Leave all three doors locked.
3. Alcohol and Music. Owners grant to Renter permission to provide and serve alcoholic beverages at the Event. Renter agrees to assume all responsibility for ensuring that no one underage is served alcohol and that all guests 21 and older who served alcohol drink responsibly. Renter agrees to be considerate of owners neighbors and modulate music volume accordingly. No outside speakers are allowed to be utilized without prior permission. Renter agrees to bring the sound to a soft listening level at 11:30pm.
4. Cleanup. Renter acknowledges and agrees to load out all that was loaded in, to clean up space and leave in broom swept condition. Any and all garbage is removed by Renter including trash and recycling.
5. Restricted Activities. Renter agrees not to provide or allow lewd or indecent activities or entertainment on Owners’ property. Such activities or entertainment would include strippers and pornographic material and are strictly prohibited.
6. Right of Entry. Owners shall have the right to enter the Space at any time for any reasonable purpose, including any emergency that may threaten damage to Owners’ property, emergency repair work related or not related to the rental of the Space, or injury to any person in or near the Space.
7. Indemnification. Renter hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Owners from any damages, actions, suits, claims, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage to any property or any injury caused to any person (including death) caused by Renter’s use of the Space, including any acts or omissions on the part of Renter, its employees, officers, directors, independent contractors, attendees, or other agents. Renter shall notify Owners of any damage or injury of which it has knowledge in, to, or near the Space, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
8. Permitted Use. Renter is authorized pursuant to the License to use the Space to hold the Event, and for no other purpose. Renter may not use the Space in any manner that may render the insurance for the Space or upon any of the Owners’ property void, or which may result in increased insurance premiums for Owners with respect to the Space or any other of Owners’ property.
9. Insurance and Liability. Special Event liability insurance is required for all renters and caterers. Established catering Services may use their license and insurance to cover this. The insurance must, at renter’s sole expense, provide and maintain public liability and personal property damage insurance, stating Owners as additional insureds, contractors and contracted vendors against all bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and other loss arising out of renter’s use and occupancy of the premises, or any other occupant on the premises, including appurtenances to the premises and sidewalks. The insurance required hereunder shall have a single limit liability of not less than $1 million, and general aggregate liability of not less than $2 million. The Owners shall be named as an additional insured of said policy. If alcohol is to be served please make sure that the policy includes Host liquor liability coverage to protect you against alcohol- related accidents, as you are ultimately liable for the safety of your guests. You must also include "waiver of subrogation" on the event insurance policy. Any caterers and/or outside vendors, companies, and/or institutions MUST provide a copy of their certificate of insurance and catering license to Owners as stated, and will be delivered at least 3 days prior to the event.
10. Compliance with Laws. Renter shall obtain and maintain any necessary permits, licenses, or other forms of permission necessary to use the Space according to the permitted uses set forth in a lawful manner. Renter shall not use the Space in any manner that would violate any established local, state, or federal laws.
11. Cancellation. If Renter notifies Owners 30 days or more before the Event Date Renter’s desire to cancel the Event, then Owners shall refund to Renter the full amount of the Rental Fee (including the full Deposit). Owners shall not be liable for any additional costs or damages suffered by Renter (over and above the Rental Fee) arising out of a cancellation of the Event. If the Event is cancelled within 30 days of the Event Date, Owners shall have the right to retain the full Deposit (if applicable) and Rental Fee, including for a weather-related cancellation.
12. Revocation. Owners shall have the right to revoke the License at any time prior to the Event Date, provided it gives Renter prior written notice of revocation. In the event that Owners revoke the License prior to the Event for reasons other than nonpayment of fees or breach of this Agreement by Renter, Owners shall refund to Renter the full amount paid by Renter in connection with this agreement, including the full Deposit.
13. Assignment. Neither Party may assign or transfer their respective rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior written consent from the other Party. Except that if the assignment or transfer is pursuant to a sale of all or substantially all of a Party’s assets, or is pursuant to a sale of a Party’s business, then no consent shall be required. In the event that an assignment or transfer is made pursuant to either a sale of all or substantially all of the Party’s assets or pursuant to a sale of the business, then written notice must be given of such transfer with 10 days of such assignment or transfer.
Our brownstone parlor event space will be listed soon. Please stay tuned.